CHAPTER 4 THE KHACHEN PRINCIPALITY IN X-XIII CENTURIES

REFERENCE MATTER TO CHAPTER 4

1.”Ararat”, magazine, 1919, p.51, Leo “Selection of Works”, v2, p.51.

2. Constantine Porphyrogenitus, translated from the original, preface and

reference by Hrach Bartikian, Yerevan 1970, p.151 C.P. “About the

Ceremonies of Byzantine Court”, book II, ch.48.

B. Ulubabian “The Khachen Kingdom in X-XYI Centuries”, Yerevan, 1975,

p.50.

3. A.Sh.Mnatsakanian “About the Albanian Literature”, Yerevan 1966 pp.77-78.

4. Tovma Artsruni and Unknown “History of the Artsruni House”, Yerevan 1985,

p. 298-299.

5. M. Kaghankatvatsi, p.266

6. B. Ulubabian, p.76.

7. M.Kaghankatvatsi, p.266.

9. Ibid, p.263.

10.Ibid,p.267

11.Leo “Selection of Works”, v2, Yerevan 1967, p.58.

12.St.Orbelian “History of Siunik”, Yerevan 1968, p.257.

13. Leo, p.561.

14. Leo, p.571.

15.M.Kaghankatvatsi, p.264.

16. Leo, p.576. (He testified that the cathedral was turned into a mosk by the

Turks).

17. M. Kaghankatvatsi, p.267.

18. St. Orbelian, p.257.

19. Leo, p.571.

20. Vardan Areveltsi (of the East) “Universal History”, Moscow 1861, p.198.

21. N. Adonts “The Glory of Bagratids”, Historical Research, Paris 1948, p.133.

B. Ulubabian, p.84. The princely house, called Sevortids, later was converted

to Islam, and ruled up to the first quarter of the nineteenth century.

22.”Ararat” magazine, “The Armenian Catholicos Anania about the Revolt of

Albanian House”, 1897, p.143.

23. Orbelian, p.240-248.

24.Stenley Len-Pull “The Muslim Dynasts”, p.294.

25. M. Urhaietsi “Chronology”, Yerevan 1973, p.152. This information is not

considered true by many historians. But the scholar Sedrak Barkhudarian,

investigating the ancient graveyards near Derbent, unearthed many royal

tombstones. The Armenians inhabited here during the period of Persian

Sassanids. A great army was deployed by them to guard the Derbent frontier.

The soldiers arrived here with their families. Their descendants, as the

Caliphate weakened, established an independent kingdom, which covered the

Lezgian territories (the present day Azerbaijan’s northern parts and

Daghestan’s southern parts).

See S. Barkhudarian, “The Armeno-Albanian Kingdom of Derbent”, “Historical-

Philological Magazine”, 1969, n.3. pp.125-147.

26. Enaitollah Reza “Arran and Azarbaijan”, Yerevan 1994, p.134.

27. Ahmade Kiasravi “Karvande Kiasravi”, Tehran 1977, p.328.

28. A. Lastivertsi, “History of Lastivertsi”, Tiflis,1912,p.17.

29. G.F. Herzberg “History of Byzantium”, Moscow 1987, p.227-228.

30. M. Gosh, Armenian Gandzak, Alishan, About Armenians, p.361.

31. K. Gandzaketsi “History of Armenia”, Yerevan 1961, p.117.

32. B. Ulubabian, p.95.

33. S. Anetsi “Selected Works of Historiographers”, p.117 Vagharshapat.

34. “About Armenians”, p.386, see B. Ulubabian, p.115. “The Catholicos Stone

is situated in Tonashen village on the river Tartar, in the Martakert district of

Karabakh Republic. Now it’s called Katoghikossassar.

35. S. Anetsi “Selected Works of Historiographers”, p.132.

36. B. Ulubabian, p.118.

37. Herkan is in Giulistan, as on p.387 of “About Armenians”, the Parris village

of Giulistan is mentioned.

38. N. Adonts “The Glory of Bagratids”, p.154.

39. B. Ulubabian, p.125.

40. A. Hovhanissian “Historical Episodes of Armeno-Russian relations”.

41. K. Gandzaketsi, p.163.

42. B. Ulubabian, p.134.

43. “Record-book of Armenian Manuscipts”, Y-XII centuries, Yerevan 1988,

p.242. “Book of Judgement”. See Mkhitar Gosh, Record-book, Yerevan 1988,

p.242.

44. K. Gandzaketsi, p.215.

45. “The Letter of Catholicos Constantine to the King Hetum” Tiflis 1901,

p.501-509.

46. B. Ulubabian, p.174.

47.H. Atcharian “Dictionary of Armenian Forenames”, v.III, p.51.

48. Ibid, v.IV, p.286.

49. Ibid, v.II, p.76.

50.S.Barkhudarian…

51. B. Ulubabian, p.177.

52. K. Gandzaketsi, p.270.

53. A.L. Jakobson “The History of Medieval Armenian Architecture, the

Gandzasar Monastry, XIII Century”, “Research on the History of Culture of

Oriental Nations”. The Selection is dedicated to I. Orbeli, M.-L, 1960,

pp.144-158.

54. T.Toromanian “About the Influence of Armenian Architecture”, “Materials on

the History of Armenian Architecture”, II, Yerevan, 1948, p.25.

55. Ibid, p.226.

56. Ibid, p.235.

57. Ibid, p.235.

58. Ibid, p.248.

59. Ibid, p.243

60. M. Barkhudarian “Divan of Armenian Lithography”, v. Y, Yerevan 1982, p.38.

See B. Ulubabian, p.192.

61. K. Gandzaketsi, p.280.

62. M. Chamchian “History of Armenia”, v.3, Yerevan 1984, p.219.

63. K. Gandzaketsi, p.359.

64. Ibid, p.359.

65. The Georgian Sources about Armenia and Armenians, v.II, Yerevan 1936,

p.14.

66. K. Gandzaketsi, p.373.

67. St. Orbelian, p.330.

68. Ibid, p.330.

69. Repository of Ancient Manuscrips (Matenadaran), manuscript number 387,

p.86, 9a.

70. K. Gandzaketsi, p.392.

71. H.D. Miklukho-Maklai “Geographical Composition, XIII century” (in Persian).

“Research Proceedings of the Institute of Orientology” v.IX, L., 1951.

72.Rashid ad-Din “Collection of Chronicles”, YIII, tr-ed by A.K. Arends, M.-L.,

1946, p.91.

73. L.H. Babayan, “The Armenian, Socio-economical and Political History of XIII-

XY Centuries”, Yerevan, p.375.

74. M. Chamchian, p.418.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37